Secretariat of the General People’s Committee Decree No. (395) of 1374 FDP
corresponding to 2006 AD on forming the Transparency Declaration Verification Committee
The Secretariat of the General People’s Committee
Upon review of:
- Law No. (1) of 1369 FDP on People’s Congresses, People’s Committees, and the executive regulation thereof;
- Law No. (3) of 1986 AD on illicit gains;
- Law No. (10) of 1423 FBP on cleansing, and its amendments;
- Law No. (11) of 1425 FBP on re-organizing popular oversight, and its amendments;
- The minutes of the meeting of the Secretariat of the General People’s Committee in its eleventh extraordinary meeting of 1374 FDP, and after discussing and coordinating with the Secretary of the General People’s Inspection and Control Committee;
The committee shall be formed as follows:
- Dr. Abdul Rahman Mohammed Ali Abu Tota, president of the Supreme Court (as chairman)
- Jibran Salem Mansour, assistant secretary of the General People’s Inspection and Control Committee (as a member)
- Mohammed Oraibi Zakri, the scribe for judicial affairs in the General People’s Committee for Justice (as a member)
The committee formed in the previous article shall assume the following duties from this decision:
- Receive declarations from the categories mentioned in Article (3) of this decision concerning their annual income and assets and those of their dependents, including real estate, farmland, livestock, etc., in addition to any other direct or indirect economic activity.
- Examine the declarations and verify the information included therein.
- Take the necessary measures according to the outcome of the examination and audit in accordance with the laws in force.
The below-mentioned categories shall undertake to submit their declarations to the committee formed by virtue of the provisions of this decision before 31 December 1374 FDP corresponding to 2006 AD. The categories are:
- Members of the General People’s Congress who are or had previously been promoted.
- Officers of the Armed People, security services, and the like who occupy leadership positions.
- Former and current secretaries of the people’s and administrative committees of agencies, authorities, institutions, centres, public companies, treatment and educational institutions, and the like.
- Whoever has been referred to the committee by the competent bodies.
The categories mentioned in Article (3) of this decision are required to appear before the committee to declare any information requested and to confirm the information that appears in their declarations.
The committee may form sub-committees to assist it in the performance of its duties.
This decision shall enter into force on its date of issuance, and it shall be published in the Code of Procedure.
General People’s Committee – Libya
Issued on 25 Shaaban 1394 FDP
Corresponding to 15 May 1985 AD