No. (139) of 2012
On the Establishment of the Academy for Security Sciences
Upon review of:
- The Constitutional Declaration and its amendments;
- Law of the Financial System of the State of Libya, and budget, accounting and inventory regulation and amendments;
- Law No. (10) of 1992 issuing the Security and Police Law and its executive regulation;
- Law No. (12) of 2010 issuing the Labour Relations Law and its executive regulation;
- Law No. (18) of 2010 on education;
- Interim National Transitional Council (NTC) Decree No. (174) of 2011 on the determination of the structure of the government;
- NTC Decree No. (184) of 2011 on adopting the transitional government;
- Cabinet Decree No. (1) of 2012 on determining the powers of deputy ministers and their assistants;
- “Former” General People’s Committee Decree No. (51) of 2002 establishing the Police Officers Faculty;
- “Former” General People’s Committee Decree No. (52) of 2002 on the establishment of the Female Police Officers Faculty;
- The submission of the Minister of Interior;
- The Cabinet’s decision during its fifth ordinary session of 2012;
An academy called "Academy for Security Sciences" shall be established in accordance with the provisions of this Decree. It shall possess legal personality and independent financial liability and be subordinate to the Ministry of Interior. It shall be organised and its powers and bylaws governing its work determined by Cabinet decrees based on the proposal of the Ministry of Interior.
The following bodies shall be subordinate to the Academy established in accordance with the provisions of the previous article:
1. Graduate College for Security Sciences.
2. Police Officers Faculty.
3. Female Police Officers Faculty.
4. Higher Institute of Officers.
These bodies shall carry out their powers in accordance with the legislation governing them.
This Decree shall enter into force from its date of issuance. Any contrary article shall be repealed. The concerned entities shall implement this decree and it shall be published in the Official Gazette.
The Cabinet -- Libya
Issued on: 9 Jumada al-Oula 1433 AH
Corresponding to: 01/04/2012 AD