National Transitional Council Resolution
No. (29) of 2012
on the establishment of a military zone
The National Transitional Council (NTC)
- Upon review of the Victory Declaration of the 17 February Revolution issued on 22 February 2011;
- The decision forming the National Transitional Council (NTC) and determining its powers;
- The bylaws of the NTC and its internal regulation;
- The Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011 and its amendments;
- The interests of work;
- What was approved at the NTC session on Saturday, 31/3/2012;
A military zone shall be established call the Sebha Military Zone, to which all civil and military security apparatus and other armed formations in the areas of (the Coast, Sebha, Murzuk, Ubari, Ghat) shall report. It shall oversee the political borders from Ghadames in the west to Kalanja in the east, and the commander of the Zone shall take the necessary measures to secure the border.
The Chief of Staff shall name the commander of Sebha Military Zone and his aides.
The Cabinet shall take all the necessary executive measures to preserve security and facilitate the work of the Zone commander.
This law shall enter into force from its date of issuance, and the parties addressed in its provisions shall speedily execute it. It shall be published in the Official Gazette and other media outlets.
Interim National Transitional Council – Libya
Issued in Tripoli