National Transitional Council Resolution
No. (52) of 2012
On Attaching the Coordinating Committee
to Protect the South to the Chief of Staff
Upon review of:
- The Victory Statement of the 17 February Revolution issued on 22 February 2011;
- The declaration forming the Interim National Transitional Council (NTC) and determining its powers;
- The bylaws of the NTC and its internal regulation;
- The Constitutional Declaration of the 17 February Revolution issued on 3 August 2011;
- NTC Decree No. (3) of 2011 on the formation of the Chief of the General Staff of the Libyan Army;
The Coordinating Committee to Liberate the South shall be attached to the Chief of the General Staff of the Libyan Army.
An office of the Chief of the General Staff of the Libyan Army shall be established, to be called the Office of Monitoring Security and Intelligence Affairs of Surrounding Countries and to Protect the South.
The financial allocations of the Coordinating Committee to Liberate the South shall be referred to the Chief of the General Staff and they shall be allocated to the said Office.
The Office shall be responsible for the previous duties of the Coordinating Committee in addition to new duties entrusted thereto by the Chief of the General Staff of the Libyan Army.
The said Office shall report to the Chief of the General Staff of the Libyan Army. Mr Abdel Rahim al-Mabrouk Omar Halloum shall be appointed as head of the said Office.
This resolution shall enter into force from its date of issuance, and any contrary provision shall be repealed. Each person, within his mandate, shall implement this resolution, and the President of the NTC and local councils shall be notified.
Interim National Transitional Council – Libya
Issued in Tripoli
On Saturday, 09/06/2012