Law No. (45) of 2012
on amending Law No. (26) of 2012 on the High Commission for the Application of Standards of Integrity and Patriotism
The Interim National Transitional Council:
Upon review of:
- The Victory Statement of the 17 February Revolution issued on 22 February 2011;
- The Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011 and its amendments;
- The bylaws of the Interim National Transitional Council;
- Law No. (26) of 2012 on the High Commission for the Application of Standards of Integrity and Patriotism and its amendments;
- And based on what was discussed in the Interim National Transitional Council session on Tuesday 22/05/2012.
issued the following law:
The text of Article No. (13) of Law No. (26) of 2012 on the High Commission for the Application of Standards of Integrity and Patriotism shall be amended to read as follows:
“Notwithstanding the provisions of Articles No. (10, 11, and 12), the Commission shall examine and review the applications of candidates for General National Congress (GNC) elections submitted to the electoral district. The Commission shall decide these applications in accordance with the standards of integrity and patriotism stipulated in this law within twelve days from the date of their receipt by the High National Elections Commission (HNEC). The persons concerned may appeal this decision within forty-eight hours from the date of publication of this decision in the relevant electoral district. They shall appeal before the president of the competent court of first instance or his authorised representative. The president of the court or his authorized representative shall rule on this appeal within three days from the date of appeal, and the judgment in this regard shall be final, unappealable, and binding on all parties and persons concerned."
This law shall enter into force from its date of issuance. Any contrary article shall be repealed and it shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Interim National Transitional Council -- Libya
Issued in Tripoli