Cabinet Decree No. (85) of 2012
on assisting and honouring the families of martyrs and missing persons
Upon review of:
- The Constitutional Declaration;
- The declaration of establishment of the National Transitional Council;
- The law of the financial system of the State, and budget, accounts, and inventory regulation, and the amendments thereof;
- National Transitional Council Resolution No.(184) of 2011 on approval of the transitional government;
- Cabinet Decree No. (10) of 2011 on the establishment of a committee and determination of its functions;
- Cabinet Decree No. (28) of 2012 on the organisation of the executive unit of the Ministry of Assistance to Families of Martyrs and Missing Persons;
- The proposal of the Minister of Assistance to Families of Martyrs and Missing Persons in his Letter No. (341) of 19/02/2012;
- The decisions of the seventh ordinary session of the Cabinet for the year 2011;
A monthly allowance of five hundred (500) LYD shall be disbursed to the family of every martyr if the martyr was not the main breadwinner, with an additional amount of one hundred (100) LYD for every member of the martyr’s family if he was the main breadwinner. A monthly allowance of five hundred (500) LYD shall also be disbursed to the family of every missing person.
Moral support shall be provided to martyrs’ families as follows:
- Creation of “Martyr’s Day” to commemorate martyrs.
- Construction of a memorial for the 17 February Revolution martyrs.
- Awarding of the “martyr's badge” to the family of every martyr.
The Ministry of Assistance to Families of Martyrs and Missing Persons shall establish the rules for regulating the disbursement of financial allowances stipulated by this decree, and shall identify the beneficiaries thereof in coordination with the relevant entities.
In coordination with the Ministry of Assistance to Families of Martyrs and Missing Persons, the Ministry of Finance shall take legal measures to provide the necessary financial allocations for the implementation of this decree.
This decree shall enter into force from its date of issuance and shall be implemented by the concerned parties.
The Cabinet -- Libya
10 Rabi’ al-Akher 1433 AH
Corresponding to 03/03/2012 AD