Law No. (21) of 2013
amending some articles of Law No. (7) of 2013
on adopting the State budget of 2013
The General National Congress:
Upon review of:
- The Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011, and its amendments;
- General National Congress Decree No. (62) of 2013 on adopting the amendment of the General National Council's bylaws;
- The law of the financial system of the State of Libya, and budget, accounting and inventory regulation and amendments;
- Law No. (127) of 1970 on the allocation of some resources to the public reserve;
- Law No. (13) of 2000 on planning and its executive regulation;
- Law No. (7) of 2010 on income taxes and its executive regulation;
- Law No. (20) of 2012 on adopting the State’s general budget of 2012;
- Law No. (7) of 2013 on adopting the State’s general budget of 2013;
- And on the conclusions of the General National Congress in its 122nd ordinary session on Sunday 01/09/2013.
issued the following law:
The text of Article (17) of Law No. (7) of 2013 on adopting the State’s general budget of 2013 shall be amended as follows:
“The allocations of programs and projects in the sector shall be transferred within the rates approved in the executive regulations of Law No. (13) of 2000 on planning, by virtue of a decree from the competent minister or the board chairman of the body, entity, or the like. If the amount transferred exceeds the rates approved, the transfer shall be carried out by virtue of a Cabinet decree at the proposal of the Minister of Planning.
Where appropriate – within a single part -- the Minister of Finance may authorise any excess in the adoption of an item in exchange for providing an equal amount in one or more items within the credits of the same section.
The Cabinet may issue transfer decrees between Parts (1), (2), and (4) of the budget and the reserve budget and transfer decrees between the allocations of one sector in the general budget to another in any part, upon the proposal of the Minister of Planning and the Minister of Finance, according to the case.”
The text of Article (19) of Law No. (7) of 2013 on adopting the State’s general budget of 2013 shall be amended to read as follows:
“The amounts listed in the budget reserve shall be used to cover any deficit occurring in the general budget in accordance with the principles and regulations proposed by the Minister of Finance and approved by the Cabinet, to be distributed as follows:
- The amount of (2,400,000,000) two billion four hundred million Libyan dinars to cover the children's allowance.
- The amount of (3,000,000,000) three billion Libyan dinars to cover any deficit in the general budget.”
The provisions of this law shall enter into force from its date of issuance and any contrary provision shall be repealed. It shall be published in the Official Gazette.
General National Congress -- Libya
Issued in Tripoli
On 29 Shawwal 1434 AH
Corresponding to 5 September 2013 AD