National Transitional Council No. (62) of 2012
on amending National Transitional Council
Resolution No. (58) of 2012 on the Higher Media Council
The Interim National Transitional Council
Upon review of:
- The Victory Statement of the 17 February Revolution issued on 22 February 2011;
- The resolution forming the Interim National Transitional Council and determining its powers;
- The bylaws of the National Transitional Council and its internal regulation;
- The Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011, and the amendments thereof;
- Resolution No. (44) of 2012 on the Higher Media Council;
- The minutes of the meeting of Libyan media journalists in the city of Jadu on 12, 13, 14, and 15/06/2012 on electing the Higher Media Council;
- The minutes of the Interim National Transitional Council session held on Tuesday, 26/06/2012;
Article (1) of National Transitional Council Resolution No. (58) of 2012 on the Higher Media Council shall be amended as follows:
The Higher Media Council elected at the Jadu forum of media journalists shall oversee the Libyan media in general until the General National Congress assumes its functions and takes the measures that it see fit.
The Ministry of Culture shall be responsible for funding state media channels.
This resolution shall enter into force from its date of issuance, and each party shall execute it within their mandate. It shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Interim National Transitional Council – Libya
Issued in Tripoli
On Thursday, 05/07/2012