Constitutional Amendment No. (8)
Upon review of:
- The interim Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011 and its amendments;
- Law No. (10) of 2014 on electing the House of Representatives in the transitional period;
- General National Congress (GNC) Decree No. (62) of 2013 on adopting the amendment of the GNC's bylaws;
- The conclusions reached by the House of Representatives in its session held in Tobruk on 6 August 2014;
The following constitutional amendment was issued:
A new paragraph shall be added to Article 34 of the February Committee's proposal, which was adopted by virtue of Constitutional Amendment No. (7), to stipulate as follows:
- Until the election of the (interim) Head of State, the (interim) House of Representatives shall exercise all the above powers with the exception of the two powers stipulated in Paragraphs 1 and 9 of the article referred to, which shall be ascribed to the Prime Minister.
- In all cases, the interim House of Representatives may delegate to the Speaker's Office all or some of the powers ascribed to the House pursuant to this amendment.
The provisions of this amendment shall enter into force from the date it is issued, and it shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Interim House of Representatives – Libya
Issued in Tobruk
Date: 9 Shawwal 1435 AH
Corresponding to 6 August 2014