House of Representatives
Resolution No. (3) of 2014
on ceasefire between belligerents
The House of Representatives
Upon review of:
- The Interim Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011, and the subsequent amendments thereof;
- Resolution No. (1970) of 2011 issued by the Security Council during its 6491st session held on 26 February 2011;
- Resolution No. (1973) of 2011 issued by the Security Council during its 6498th session held on 17 March 2011;
- As the interim House of Representatives acknowledges the importance of assuming its historical responsibilities toward the deteriorating situation in Libya, the escalating violence, and the severe losses incurred by civilians and people’s capacities;
- As the House of Representatives views the large-scale systematic attacks taking place in Tripoli, Benghazi, and other Libyan towns and cities as crimes against humanity;
All belligerents without exception shall abide by the immediate and unconditional ceasefire and the complete cessation of violence and all attacks and violations against civilians and civil neighbourhoods. The United Nations shall be called to oversee the implementation of such ceasefire.
The interim House of Representatives (HoR) asserts that failure on the part of belligerents to abide by the immediate cessation of hostilities shall compel the HoR to take all escalatory measures and positions to ensure the protection of civilians and State institutions.
This resolution shall enter into force from its date of issuance. It shall be implemented by concerned entities and published in the Official Gazette.
House of Representatives – Libya
Issued in Tobruk
On 9 Shawwal 1433 AH
Corresponding to 4 August 2014 AD