Minister of Justice
Decree No. (69) of 2014
on establishing a committee and determining its functions
The Minister of Justice
Upon review of:
· The Constitutional Declaration and the amendments thereof;
· Law No. (6) of 2006 on the judiciary, and the amendments thereof;
· Law No. (12) of 2010 issuing the law on labour relations, and the executive regulation thereof;
· General National Congress Resolution No. (9) of 2012 on the appointment of a prime minister and mandating him to form the interim government;
· General National Congress Resolution No. (10) of 2012 on granting the interim government the vote of confidence;
· Letter No. (120) of 12/11/2013 of the head of branch of the Association of the Families of Abu Salim Prison Massacre Martyrs;
· Letter No. (1050) of 29/12/2013 of the assistant deputy of the State of Law and Human Rights;
A committee shall be established based on the following:
1. The assistant deputy of the State of Law and Human Rights at the Ministry of Justice as chairman.
2. Mr Fathi Othman Terbel, president of the Association of the Families of Abu Salim Prison Massacre Martyrs, as member.
3. Mr Osman Faraj Osman, vice-president of the Association of the Families of Abu Salim Prison Massacre Martyrs, as member.
4. Mr Adel Said Karkab, head of Tripoli branch of the Associaion, as member.
5. Mr Mustafa al-Majzoub, legal advisor at Tripoli branch, as member.
6. Mr Abu Bakr Mohammed, head of Misrata Branch, as member.
7. Mr Salem al-Barani, head of Derna branch, as member.
8. Mr Idris al-Zawi, head of Ajdabiya branch, as member.
9. Member from the Civil Status Department nominated by the head of the Department, as member.
10. Mr Badr al-Mabrouk, member of the Office of the Assistant Deputy for Human Rights, as rapporteur.
The committee stipulated by the foregoing article shall address the problems and difficulties faced by the families of Abu Salim prison massacre victims in terms of issuing the death certificates of their relatives and all other unresolved issues.
The aforementioned committee shall prepare a detailed report on its activities to be submitted to the Minister of Justice. This report shall indicate the results of the committee’s work and any difficulties or obstacles thereto.
The committee may resort to any person of expertise and competence it deems necessary for the success of its mission.
This decision shall enter into force from its date of issuance and it shall be implemented by the concerned entities.
Salah Bashir al-Marghani
Minister of Justice