General National Congress
Resolution No. (95) of 2013
authorising the High National Elections Commission to conduct a poll
The General National Congress
Upon review of:
- The interim Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011, and the amendments thereof;
- General National Congress Resolution No. (62) of 2013 on approving the amendment of the General National Congress’ rules of procedure;
- Law No. (8) of 2013 on the establishment of the High National Elections Commission;
- Law No. (17) of 2013 on the election of the Constitutional Drafting Assembly;
- The conclusions of the General National Congress in its 144th ordinary session held on 24/11/2013;
issued the following resolution :
The High National Elections Commission (HNEC) established by virtue of aforementioned Law No. (8) of 2013 shall be authorised to conduct an opnion poll concomitant with the elections of the Constitutional Drafting Assembly regarding the following matters:
- Form of State.
- Form of government.
- Official languages of the State.
- Administration system of the State.
The results of the aforementioned poll shall not constitute any commitment on the part of the Constitutional Drafting Assembly to abide by. Such results shall be used for guidance only.
The provisions of this resolution shall enter into force from its date of issuance. This resolution shall be implemented by all the concerned entities and it shall be published in the Official Gazette.
General National Congress – Libya
Issued in Tripoli
On 21 Muharram 1434 AH
Corresponding to 02/12/2013 AD