Decree No. (477) of 2013 AD
on establishing the National Dialogue Preparatory Commission
Upon review of:
- The Constitutional Declaration and amendments thereto;
- Law No. (17) of 2012 AD on establishing the rules on national reconciliation and transitional justice;
- General National Congress Decree No. (10) of 2012 AD on granting confidence in the interim government;
- Cabinet Decree No. (345) of 2013 AD on authorising the prime minister to perform his competencies;
An independent panel called the National Dialogue Preparatory Commission shall be established.
The Commission shall consist of the following:
Mr. Fadil Mohammed Al-Amin, Chairman
Mr. Faez Mustapha Serag, Member
Mr. Saleh Younes Al-Ghazal, Member
Mr. Fathi Othman Tirbel, Member
Ms. Hanaa Al-Sadiq Al-Qallaq, Member
Mr. Ali Hamouda Hassan, Member
Mr. Ibrahim Shaaban Omar Hammad, Member
Mr. Salah El-Din Abdullah Al-Sharif
Ms. Salwa Saad Buqaiqis, Member
Mr. Al-Hadi Ali Abu Hamra, Member
Mr. Ali Mohammed Al-Furtieh, Member
Ms. Najlaa Abdel-Mawla Dughman, Member
Mr. Ibrahim Al-Taher Al-Qarmanli, Member
Ms. Najwa Ali Al-Fituri, Member
Mr. Wael Hamad Al-Sennusi, Member
The Commission shall undertake the following:
- Work to achieve the fundamental framework for dialogue leading to national accord in accordance with basic parameters and visions and a strategy for establishing the general framework for such.
- Undertake the necessary procedures to conduct ongoing strategic dialogues on national issues related to security, political, social, economic, and service areas for the coming stages.
- Work to include all parties, constituencies, and national elements in the dialogue, without discrimination.
- Proper preparation for the dialogue so that it is based on plans, advice, and cooperation for holding the dialogue.
- Connect with related institutions that can provide the technical support necessary for the dialogue.
The Commission shall have an administrative secretariat performing the administrative and technical procedures necessary for the Commission's performance.
The Cabinet office shall work to provide the financial capabilities necessary, including providing the basic necessities and premises required for the nature of the Commission's work.
This Decree shall enter into force on the date of its issue and shall be implemented by the concerned bodies. This Decree shall be published in the Official Gazette.
The Cabinet – Libya
Issued on 3 Shawwal 1434 AH
Corresponding to: 25 August 2013 AD