Law No. (2) of 2013 AD
the international Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Upon review of:
- The interim Constitutional Declaration issued on 03 August 2011 AD and amendments thereto;
- Law No. (2) of 2011 AD on organizing political and consular work, amendments thereto, and the implementing regulations thereof;
- The by-laws of the General National Congress;
- The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities issued in 2006 AD;
- The Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities;
- The conclusions of the National Congress in its session held on 2 Rabi' al-Thani 1434 AH, corresponding to 12 February 2013 AD;
issued the following Law:
The aforementioned Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities shall be ratified with the reservation "Article (25.1) of this Convention shall not mean any act that conflicts with the ethical principles of religious law or national legislation or the provisions of the Islamic sharia."
This Law shall enter into force on the date of its issue and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
The General National Congress – Libya
Issued in Tripoli
On 24 February 2013 AD
Corresponding to: 14 Rabi' al-Thani 1434 AH