President of the General National Congress
Decree No. (64) of 2014 AD
on forming a committee and determining its duties
Upon review of:
- The interim Constitutional Declaration issued on 03 August 2011 AD and amendments thereto;
- The rules of procedure of the General National Congress;
- General National Congress Decree No. (41) of 2014 AD on forming a committee to perform handover tasks and procedures between the former government and the new government;
- General National Congress Decree No. (44) of 2014 AD on announcing a state of general alarm and mobilization and mandating the head of the National Salvation Government;
- General National Congress Decree No. (45) of 2014 AD on delegating certain competencies to the President of the General National Congress;
the following decree is issued:
A committee shall be formed as follows:
- Mohammed Saad Maazab, for the Budget, Planning and Financial Committee.
- Omar Mohammed Abu Leefa, for the Legislative and Constitutional Committee.
- Mohammed Ahmad Abu Snena, for the Control Unit Monitoring Committee.
This committee shall undertake all legal, administrative, and technical procedures required to complete handover procedures of its tasks to the National Salvation Government headed by Mr. Omar Suleiman al-Hassi.
In performing its duties, this committee shall rely on the handover report of the Cabinet office completed on Wednesday, 6 Shaaban 1435 AH, corresponding to 4/6/2014 AD, by the committee formed under General National Congress Decree No. (41) of 2014 AD.
The committee may seek the assistance of anyone holding expertise and competence.
This Decree shall enter into force on the date of its issue and shall be published in the Official Gazette and the available media. Any provisions conflicting with this Decree shall be repealed. All concerned parties shall implement this Decree.
President of the General National Congress – Libya
Issued in Tripoli
Corresponding to: 17 September 2014 AD