Secretariat of the General People's Congress
Decree No. (20) of 1375 FDP (2007 AD)
on forming the Transparency Declaration Verification Committee
The Secretariat of the General People's Congress,
Upon review of:
- Law No. (1) of 1375 FDP on the rules of procedure of the People's Congresses and the People's Committees;
- Law No. (3) of 1986 AD on illicit gains;
- Law No. (10) of 1423 FBP on cleansing and amendments thereto;
- Law No. (2) of 1375 FDP on organizing the people's inspection and oversight;
- General People's Committee Decree No. (14110) of 14 December 1374 FDP;
- The minutes of the meeting of the Secretariat of the General People's Congress No. (2) of 1375 FDP;
A committee shall be formed of the following:
- Dr. Abdel-Rahman Mohammed Abu Tuta Head of the Supreme Court, Chairman
- Mr. Jibran Salem Mansour, Assistant Secretary of the General People's Committee for the People's Oversight and Inspection Authority, Member
- Mr. Mohammed Aribi Zikri, General Clerk of the General People's Committee for Justice, Member
The groups mentioned below shall submit their declarations to the committee formed under this Decree no later than 2 March 1375 FDP. The groups shall be:
- Persons selected by the General People's Congress, including those selected previously.
- Officers holding leadership positions in the Armed People, the security agencies, and the like.
- Former and current secretaries of people's committees and administrative boards of public companies, centres, institutions, authorities, and agencies, treatment and educational institutions, and the like.
- Those referred to the committee by the competent bodies.
The committee formed under the preceding Article of this Decree shall undertake the following:
- Receive disclosures of the groups mentioned in Article (3) of this Decree on their annual income and assets from real estate, farms, animal and other resources, and any other direct or indirect economic activities pertaining to those supporting them.
- The declarations shall be inventoried and verified, and the information contained therein shall be confirmed.
The committee formed under Article (4) of this Decree shall refer the results of the inventory and audit to the General People's Committee for the People's Oversight and Inspection Authority, which shall adopt the necessary procedures in accordance with the legislation in force, in coordination with the Secretariat of the General People's Congress.
The groups mentioned in Article (2) of this Decree shall submit their declarations to the Committee, provide it with any information or data requested thereby, and verify and confirm the information contained in their declarations.
The Committee may form subcommittees to assist it in performing its duties.
This Decree shall enter into force on the date of its issue and shall be published in the Procedures Register.
Secretariat of the General People's Congress – Libya
Issued in Tripoli
On: 5 Safar, corresponding to 22/2/1375 FDP (2007 AD)