General People’s Committee
Decree No. (54) of 1988
on establishing the Customs Training and Studies Institute
The General People’s Committee
Upon review of:
- Law No. (68) of 1972 on the Customs Guard;
- The proposal made by the Chairman of the General People’s Committee for Treasury in his Letter No. 17/10/1970 dated 17 Jumada al-Awwal 1397 FDP corresponding to 07/01/1988 AD;
An institute called Customs Training and Studies Institute shall be established subordinate to the General People’s Committee for Treasury. It shall perform the following:
- Train and graduate Customs Guard privates and non-commissioned officers.
- Conduct specialised training sessions for customs members.
- Conduct studies, research, and seminars pertaining to customs activities.
The location, bylaws, approved curricula, and work process of the institute and any other similar provisions shall be determined by a decree by the General People’s Committee for Treasury.
This decree shall enter into force from its date of issuance. It shall be published in the Official Gazette.
General People’s Committee – Libya
Issued on 14 Jumada al-Akher 1397 FDP
Corresponding to 3 February 1988 AD