Presidency Council of the Government of National Accord
Decree No. (89) of 2016
on increasing the level of security preparedness in the Greater Tripoli region
The Presidency Council
Upon review of:
- The Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011 and the amendments thereof;
- The Libyan Political Agreement signed on 17 December 2015;
- Law No. (12) of 2010 on issuing the labour relations law and the executive regulation thereof;
- Presidency Council of the Government of National Accord Decree No. (4) of 2016 on the formation of the Government of National Accord;
- Presidency Council of the Government of National Accord Decree No. (12) of 2016 on granting authorisation of functions;
- The requirements of the public interest;
Security measures and procedures necessary to secure the Greater Tripoli region shall be taken to ensure preservation of the safety of citizens and the stability of state institutions. The level of security preparedness shall be increased as of 3 p.m. on Thursday corresponding to 28/07/2016 until 3 p.m. on Saturday corresponding to 30/07/2016.
The Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and their subordinate security and military apparatuses shall take the measures necessary to implement this decree. They shall have the full powers accorded to them by the law to that end.
This decree shall enter into force from its date of issuance. Any provision contrary thereto shall be repealed and the competent authorities shall implement it.
Presidency Council of the Government of National Accord – Libya
Issued on: 23/Shawwal/1437 AH
Corresponding to: 28/07/2016 AD