Acting Minister of Interior
Decree No. (156) of 2016
on establishing a joint security room to secure and protect Greater Tripoli
Acting Deputy Minister of Interior
Upon review of:
- The Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011;
- The Libyan Political Agreement as signed on 17 December 2015;
- Law No. (10) of 1992 on security and police;
- Law No. (12) of 2010 on labour relations and the executive regulation thereof;
- Cabinet Decree No. (145) of 2012 on adopting the organizational structure and powers of the Ministry of Interior and the organization of its administrative unit;
- Presidency Council Decree No. (4) of 2016 on the formation of the Government of National Accord;
- Presidency Council Decree No. (12) of 2016 on granting authorization of functions;
- Presidency Council Decree No. (13) of 2016 on establishing a committee and determining its functions;
- Minister of Interior Decree No. (982) of 2012 on adopting the internal organization of the Ministry of Interior;
- The requirements of the public interest;
A joint security room called the “Joint Security Room to Secure and Protect Greater Tripoli” shall be established by virtue of the provisions of this law.
The administrative jurisdiction of the room shall be the administrative borders of the security directorates that fall within the jurisdiction of Greater Tripoli.
A decree on the internal organizational structure of the room shall by issued by the Minister of Interior. Several committees shall be formed to assist in the room’s activities.
The force of the joint security room shall be composed of members assigned by the following bodies:
- General Directorate of Central Security;
- Criminal Investigations Agency;
- Anti-Illegal Migration Agency;
- Anti-Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Agency;
- General Directorate of Inspection and Follow-Up;
- Security directorate that falls within the room’s jurisdiction;
- Security affairs offices in municipal councils that fall within the security room’s jurisdiction.
The force of the joint security room shall assume the following functions:
- Build security gates at the entryways to Greater Tripoli;
- Manage security patrols;
- Draft necessary security plans to secure Greater Tripoli;
- Establish several security stations in areas in order to perform the functions assigned.
The force of the room shall coordinate with the security directorates that fall within its jurisdiction, and shall cooperate with all other security services.
A police officer shall be assigned as head of the room through a decree from the Minister of Interior.
The force of the joint security room shall operate under the direct oversight of the Minister of Interior.
This resolution shall enter into force from its date of issuance and the competent bodies shall execute it.
Dr Al-Arif Saleh Al-Khoja
Acting Minister of Interior
Issued on 13/07/2016