Law No. (28) of 2012
On the Amendment of Law No. (4) of 2012
On the Election of the General National Congress
The National Transitional Council
Upon review of:
- The Victory Statement of the 17 February Revolution issued on 22 February 2011;
- The Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011;
- The internal regulation of the National Transitional Council (NTC);
- The bylaws of the NTC;
- Law No. (3) of 2012 regarding the High National Elections Commission (HNEC);
- Law No. (4) of 2012 on the Election of the General National Congress;
- NTC Decision No. (180) of 2011 regarding the Supreme Committee for Elections;
- The decisions of the NTC session held on Tuesday 25 Jumada al-Oula 1433 AH, corresponding to 17/04/2012 AD;
issued the following law:
Article (32) of Law No. (4) of 2012 on the Election of the General National Congress shall be amended as follows:
The judge of provisional matters at the summary court under whose jurisdiction the registration or polling station falls shall be responsible for hearing all appeals related to the entire electoral process. The summary court judge shall render the appeal ruling within a maximum period of forty-eight hours.
The ruling of such jurisdiction shall be appealed before the President of the Court of First Instance or the delegate thereof within five days from the day of issuance of such ruling without the need to publish the same.
The appeal shall be settled in one hearing in light of the submitted documents within five days from the date of appeal. The ruling rendered in the case of appeal shall be final and shall be implemented by the HNEC.
Article (41) repeated in Law No. (4) of 2012 on the Election of the General National Congress shall be named Article (41) bis.
This law shall enter into force as of the date of issuance thereof, and shall be published in the Official Gazette and the media.
Interim National Transitional Council -- Libya