President of the Interim National Transitional Council
Decree No. (53) of 2012
on the partial withdrawal of a decision
The President of the Interim National Transitional Council
Upon review of:
- The Interim Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011;
- Law No. (40) of 1974 on military service and the amendments thereof;
- Law No. (43) of 1974 on the retirement of military personnel;
- Law No. (11) of 2012 on the enactment of some provisions regarding the competencies of various leadership levels in the Libyan Army;
- Decision No. (124) of 1992 on the referral of some officers to retirement;
- The memorandum of the General Authority for Military Justice issued on December 2006;
Decision No. (124) of 1992 on the termination of the military service of Captain Abu Bakr al-Masri Bashir Abu Turba (service no. 10033) shall be partially withdrawn and repealed.
The reasons for the termination of the military service of the officer mentioned in Article (1) shall be amended, and he shall be referred to retirement for lack of medical fitness for reasons attributable to his military service. He shall also receive a pension worth 90% of his last salary.
This law shall enter into effect from 01/11/2006 and competent authorities shall enforce it.
Mustafa Muhammad Abdul Jalil
President of the Interim National Transitional Council – Libya
Issued in Tripoli
On: Tuesday 26/06/2012