General National Congress Resolution No. (13) of 2012 on the creation of a Ministry of Media
The General National Congress
Upon review of:
- The interim Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011 and the amendments thereof;
- The bylaws of the General National Congress;
- General National Congress Resolution No. (9) of 2012 on the appointment of a prime minister and tasking him with the formation of an interim government;
- General National Congress Resolution No. (10) of 2012 on granting confidence to the interim government;
- The content of the General National Congress’s forty-second ordinary meeting held on Tuesday, 27/11/2012
issued the following resolution:
A ministry to be called the Ministry of Media shall be created and its duration shall be that of the interim government.
The prime minister shall undertake the management of this ministry and the funding thereof.
The prime minister shall nominate a minister for the Ministry of Media and present him to the General National Congress (GNC) for a vote of confidence.
The GNC shall carry out the duties of overseeing this ministry through specialised committees to guarantee the neutrality and independence of the media and to protect it from any attempt by any attempt to dominate it or control it.
Resolution No. (44) of 2012 on establishing a Higher Media Council and Resolution No. (58) of 2012 on the Higher Media Council and the amendments thereof shall be repealed.
The provisions of this resolution shall enter into force from its date of issuance, and each party shall execute it within their mandate. It shall be published in the Official Gazette and all media outlets.
General National Congress – Libya
Issued in Tripoli
On 21 Muharram 1434 AH
Corresponding to 05/12/2012 AD