Law No. (19) of 2012
on adding an article to Law No. (8) of 2012
on establishing an extraordinary budget
The National Transitional Council
Upon review of:
- The Victory Statement of the 17 February Revolution issued on 22 February 2011;
- The Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011;
- The internal regulation of the NTC;
- The law of the financial system of the State of Libya, and budget, accounting and inventory regulation and the amendments thereof;
- The Law No. (11) of 1996 on popular oversight;
- The Law No. (8) of 2012 on establishing an extraordinary budget;
- Based on the proposal of the Cabinet in its Letter No. 1294 on 29/02/2012;
- And on what was discussed in the National Transitional Council session on Tuesday 06/03/2012.
issued the following law:
An article titled Article (2) bis shall be added to Law No. (8) of 2012 on establishing an extraordinary budget and shall read as follows:
“All expenditure aspects of the extraordinary budget stipulated in the aforementioned law shall be exempt from the previous oversight conditions as per Popular Oversight Law No. (11) of 1425 AD [sic] / 1996 AD,” provided these aspects be subject to subsequent financial and legal control as per the legislation in force.
This Law shall enter into force from its date of issuance and shall be published in the Official Gazette and various media outlets.
National Transitional Council – Libya
Issued in Tripoli