Law No. (30) of 2013
amending Law No. (17) of 2013
on the election of the Constitutional Drafting Assembly
The General National Congress
Upon review of:
- The interim Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011 and the amendments thereof;
- General National Congress Resolution No. (62) of 2013 on approving the amendment of the GNC’s rules of procedure;
- The Code of Civil and Commercial Procedure, and the amendments thereof;
- The Penal Code and Code of Criminal Procedure and the amendments thereof;
- Law No. (24) of 2010 on the provisions of Libyan nationality and the executive regulation thereof;
- Law No. (8) of 2013 on the establishment of the High National Elections Commission;
- Law No. (13) of 2013 on political and administrative isolation;
- Law No. (17) of 2013 on the election of the Constitutional Drafting Assembly;
- The results of the one hundred forty-fourth ordinary session of the General National Congress held on 24/11/2013;
issued the following law:
Article (6), Paragraph (1) of the aforementioned Law No. (17) of 2013 shall be amended as follows:
The plurality voting system based on simple majority shall be adopted. The winner shall be the candidate with the largest number of votes. In multi-member electoral districts, the single non-transferable vote (SNTV) system shall be adopted, and any tie of votes shall be broken by drawing lots.
Article (7), Paragraph (2) of the aforementioned Law No. (17) of 2013 shall be amended as follows:
Any citizen who meets the voter requirements shall choose an electoral centre to register at manually or electronically, after such centre is announced by the High National Elections Commission (HNEC) in accordance with the terms and conditions stipulated by the HNEC in this respect.
This law shall enter into force from its date of issuance, repealing any contrary provision, and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
General National Congress - Libya
28 Muharram 1435 AH
Corresponding to 02/12/2013 AD