General National Congress Presidency Office Decree No. (19) of 2013 on forming a fact-finding committee and defining its functions
The General National Congress
Upon review of:
- The interim Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011 and the amendments thereof;
- General National Congress Resolution No. (62) of 2013 on approving the amendment of the bylaws of the General National Congress;
- The conclusions of the Presidency Office of the General National Congress
issued the following decree:
An interim committee shall be formed as follows:
- Mr Abdullah Mohammed Abdul Rahim, as chairman;
- Mr Mustafa Abdul Ghani Shiba, as member;
- Mr Rafie Yahya Fadil, as member;
- Mr Abdul Aziz Mohammed Abu Bakr, as member.
The aforementioned committee shall undertake fact-finding and information gathering relating to the events that have occurred in the Gargour district of Tripoli on 25 November 2013. It shall clarify the causes leading to the events and the consequences arising therefrom, and uncover the parties involved.
To this end, the committee may refer to any experts and specialists it deems necessary. The committee’s work shall end upon submission of its report to the presidential office of the General National Congress (GNC).
The provisions of this decree shall enter into force from its date of issuance and each party shall execute it within their mandate.
General National Congress – Libya
Issued in Tripoli
On 27 Safar 1435 AH
Corresponding to 31 December 2013 AD