House of Representatives
Resolution No. (1) of 2014
on approving the election of the Speaker’s Office
Upon review of:
- The Interim Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011, and the amendments thereof;
- Law No. (10) of 2014 on the election of the House of Representatives and the resolutions issued by virtue thereof;
- General National Congress Resolution No. (62) of 2013 on approving the amendment of the General National Congress rules of procedure;
- The conclusions of the House of Representatives first session held in Tobruk on Monday 4 and Tuesday 5 August 2014;
the following resolution was issued:
The election of the Speaker’s Office of the House of Representatives shall be approved as follows:
- Mr Aguila Saleh Issa Quwaider as Speaker of the House.
- Mr Mohammed Ali Shuaib as First Deputy Speaker.
- Mr Hamid Hamad Ali Homa as Second Deputy Speaker.
The provisions of this resolution shall enter into force from its date of approval on 4 and 5 August 2014. It shall be published in the Official Gazette.
House of Representatives – Libya
Issued in Tobruk
On Tuesday 5 August 2014