Law No. (6) of 2014
amending Law No. (28) of 2013
The General National Congress
Upon review of:
- The Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011, and the amendments thereof;
- The rules of procedure of the General National Congress;
- Law No. (87) of 1971 on the State Lawsuits Authority;
- Law No. (88) of 1971 on the administrative judiciary, and the amendments thereof;
- Law No. (6) of 2006 on the justice system, and the amendments thereof;
- Law No. (13) of 2013 on political and administrative isolation;
- Law No. (28) of 2013 amending the law on political isolation;
- The decisions of the General National Congress in its 164th ordinary session held Tuesday 4 Rabi’ al-Akhera 1435 AH corresponding to 04/02/2013;
issued the following law:
Article (1), Paragraph (2) of Law No. (28) of 2013 amending an article of Law No. (13) of 2013 on political isolation shall be amended.
The text thereof shall be as follows:
Notwithstanding the provisions of Article (12) of the law, the Commission shall examine and review the candidature application for the elections of the Constitutional Drafting Assembly or any public or local elections. It shall settle such application within twelve days from the date of receipt thereof from the HNEC. Concerned parties shall have the right to object to the decision before the president of the competent court of first instance or his delegate within seventy-two hours from the date this resolution is published in the competent electoral district. Such objection shall be ruled on within three days from its submission.
It may be appealed before the competent court of appeal within three days from its issuance. The court of appeal shall rule on the appeal in a hearing within five days from the date it is presented by a final, unappealable judgment that is binding on all entities and concerned parties.
The provisions of this law shall enter into force from its date of issuance. It shall be published in the Official Gazette.
General National Congress – Libya
Issued in Tripoli
On 5 Rabi’ al-Akhera 1435 AH
Corresponding to 05/02/2014 AD