General National Congress
Resolution No. (46) of 2014
on forming a national salvation government
The General National Congress
Upon review of:
- The interim Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011 and the amendments thereof;
- The rules of procedure of the General National Congress;
- General National Congress Resolution No. (44) of 2014 appointing Mr. Umar Sulayman al-Hasi as Prime Minister of the National Salvation Government;
- The conclusions of the General National Congress in its ordinary session held on Tuesday 7 Dhu al-Qaada 1435 AH corresponding to 02/09/2014 AD;
issued the following resolution :
The National Salvation Government shall be composed as follows:
- Mr. Umar Sulayman al-Hasi, Prime Minister.
- Mr. Khalifah Muhammad al-Ghuwayl, First Deputy Prime Minister and Head of the Supreme Defence Council.
- Mr. Muhammad Ramadan Sh’aytir al-Barghathi, Second Deputy Prime Minister and Head of the Supreme Council for the Interior.
- Mr. Ali Muhammad Umar Bu Sa’du, Third Deputy Prime Minister and Head of the Supreme Health Council.
- Mr. Mustafa al-Tayib Abdessalam Abu Titah, Fourth Deputy Prime Minister.
- Mr. Muhammad Muhammad Ali al-Ghirani, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Mr. Masha’allah Sa’id ‘Aqub al-Zawi, Minister of Oil and Gas.
- Mr. Mustafa Emhammad Mustafa al-Qulaib, Minister of Justice.
- Mr. Yunis Hussain ‘Issa Ramadan, Minister of Culture and Civil Society.
- Mr. al-Mabruk Muhammad Ali Abd al-Qadir, Minister of Tourism.
- Mr. Miftah Ali Miftah al-Faqi, Minister of Industry.
- Mr. Ramadan al-Arabi al-Suway’i Za’mit, Minister of Transportation.
- Mr. Ali Muhammad al-Arabi al-Hawni, Minister of Information.
- Mr. Samir Miftah Musa al-Farjani, Minister of Social Affairs.
- Mr. Muhammad Muhammad Muhammad Belkhayr, Minister of Labour and Rehabilitation.
- Mr. Sulayman Abdullah Muhammad al-Ujaily, Minister of Trade.
- Mr. Nur al-Din Ali Salim Ahmed, Minister of Electricity and Renewable Energy.
- Mr. Hisham Muhammad Abu Bakr Belhaj, Minister of Housing and Utilities.
- Mr. Sami Muhammad Abu Bakr al-Fintari, Minister of Telecommunications.
- Mr. Khalifah Faraj Hubaysha, Minister of International Cooperation.
- Mr. Muhammad Ammar Ahmed al-Qaddar, Minister of Planning.
- Mr. Muhannad Sa’id Ahmed Yunis, Minister of Local Government.
- Mr. Nasr al-Din Muhammad Ali Buni, Minister of Youth and Sports.
- Mr. Yunis Uthman Muhammad al-Bur’usi, Minister of Finance.
- Mr. Abd al-Men’em Abdullah Mansur al-Dali, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Mr. Embarak Salih Milah al-Warfaly, Minister of Islamic Endowments and Affairs.
- Mr. Abd al-Men’em Ali Mawhub Muhammad, Minister of Agriculture, Animal and Marine Wealth.
- Mr. Abd al-Basit Ali Miftah Bu’azah, Minister of Education.
- Mr. Naji al-Sayyid Muhammad Ali, Minister of Water Resources.
- Mr. Muhammad Atiyah Muhammad al-Jazawi, Minister of the Affairs of Martyrs and Missing Persons’ Families.
The Prime Minister and Cabinet members shall take the legal oath before assuming their designated duties in accordance with the Constitutional Declaration and the legislation in force.
This resolution shall enter into force from its date of issuance. It shall be published in the Official Gazette and the available media outlets. Any contrary provision shall be repealed. This resolution shall be implemented by all the concerned entities.
General National Congress – Libya
Issued in Tripoli
On 7 Dhu al-Qaada 1435 AH
corresponding to 02/09/2014 AD