Presidential Council of the Government of National Accord
Decree No. (25) of 2016 AD
on the right to name “martyrs in the line of duty”
The Presidential Council,
Upon review of:
- The Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011 AD and amendments thereto;
- The Libyan Political Agreement signed on 17 December 2015 AD;
- The Law of the Financial System of the State, and the budget, accounts, and stores regulations and amendments thereto;
- Law No. (19) of 1989 AD approving benefits for those killed in military operations, missing persons, and prisoners and amendments thereto;
- Law No. (12) of 1991 AD approving rights and benefits for members of the military and civilians who lost their lives in the line of duty;
- Commander-in-Chief of the Libyan Army Decree No. (1) of 2016 AD forming an operations room for the military operations command against ISIS;
- Commander-in-Chief Decree No. (3) of 2016 AD forming a military operations room for the oil crescent area (Ajdabiya and Sirte) against the Islamic State;
- The decrees of the Presidential Council of the Government of National Accord in its meeting held on 31/05/2016 AD;
Any members of the armed forces or supporting forces affiliated to any military operations room formed under a decree of the Commander-in-Chief of the Libyan Army who lost their lives shall be deemed to be martyrs in the line of duty.
The competent operations room, according to its territorial jurisdiction, shall determine the names of martyrs and refer their files to the concerned bodies to undertake the necessary procedures to fulfil the rights and benefits approved therefor.
This Decree shall enter into force on the date of its issue, and shall be implemented by the concerned bodies, according to jurisdiction.
Presidential Council of the Government of National Accord – Libya
Issued on: 25 Shaaban 1437 AH
Corresponding to: 01/06/2016 AD