Revolutionary Command Council Decree
on establishing security control units
In the name of the people,
The Revolutionary Command Council,
Upon review of:
- Article (24) of the Constitutional Declaration issued on 2 Shawwal 1389 AH corresponding to 11 December 1969 AD;
- Law No. (6) of 1391 AH/1972 AD on the police;
- Law No. (16) of 1395 AH/1975 AD on transferring the competences and duties of provinces and their affiliated directorates to ministries;
- the proposal of the Minister of Interior, upon Cabinet approval;
issued the following decree :
Security control units shall be established in the following regions. Any police station or post located within their jurisdiction shall be affiliated therewith:
- Security Control Unit of Tubruq:
It shall be headquartered in Tubruq. Its jurisdiction shall include the administrative boundaries of the Municipality of Tubruq.
- Security Control Unit of Murzuq:
It shall be headquartered in Murzuq. Its jurisdiction shall include the administrative boundaries of the Municipality of Murzuq.
- Security Control Unit of al-Assah:
It shall be headquartered in al-Assah. Its jurisdiction shall include the administrative boundaries of the municipalities of Nalut and Ghadamis and the towns of Ra’s Jadir and Abu Kammash.
This decree shall be implemented by the Minister of Interior. It shall enter into force from its date of issuance and it shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Revolutionary Command Council – Libya
Major al-Khuwayldi al-Humaydi
Minister of Interior
Major Abdessalam Ahmed Jalloud
Issued on 22 Rabi’ al-Thani 1395 AH
Corresponding to 4 May 1975 AD