President of the National Transitional Council
Decree No. (37) of 2012
on the establishment of the Radio and Television Corporation
The President of the National Transitional Council
Upon review of:
- The Victory Declaration of the 17 February Revolution issued on 22 February 2011;
- The decision forming the Interim National Transitional Council and determining its powers;
- The rules of procedure of the National Transitional Council, and its internal regulation;
- The Constitutional Declaration issued on 3 August 2011, and the amendments thereof;
- National Transitional Council Resolution No. (194) of 2011 amending National Transitional Council Resolution No. (172) of 2011 on establishing bodies subordinate to the government.
A public institution called the Radio and Television Corporation shall be established.
The following channels shall be joined thereto:
- Libya’s Channel
- Libya Al-Wataniya
- Media Centre
The channels mentioned in the previous article shall be administered by steering committees as follows:
- Ibtisam Abdel Mawla
- Hassan al-Urfi
- Amal al-Arbeshi
- Fathi al-Sherif
- Hatem al-Areibi
- Abdel al-Farjani
- Ezzedine Ghaith
- Ziyad al-Taif
- Mohammed Shamila
- al-Badi al-Bakoush
- Hassan al-Glai
- Anwar al-Belazi
- Faraj bin Ghazzi
- Osama al-Sawisi
- Ezzedine Beleid
- Yusuf Lamari Mohammed
- Rafi al-Hudairi
- Ramadan Maiteeq
Sheikh Mohammed al-Shaybani is assigned to administer al-Hidaya.
The powers of the channel’s steering committees and the specializations and duties of the channels shall be determined by subsequent decisions by the National Transitional Council.
This decree shall enter into force from its date of issuance, and the relevant bodies shall implement it.
Mustafa Mohammed Abdul Jalil
President of the National Transitional Council – Libya
Issued in Tripoli