- Natural wealth and resources are owned by the Libyan people, and the state exercises its sovereignty on their behalf.
- The state shall be committed to the following:
- Preserving, exploiting and protecting these resources;
- Exercising good governance over their returns in a manner that achieves the requirements of the national economy and security;
- Managing these resources in accordance with the following principles:
- Transparency and access to information, and publishing this information unless otherwise stated by the law, to meet the requirements of national security;
- Oversight and follow-up;
- Accountability before the legislative authority.