Secretariat of the General People’s Congress
Decree No. (133) of 1370 FDP
on specifying the resolutions and content to be published in the Legal Register
The Secretariat of the General People’s Congress
Upon review of:
- Law No. (1) of 1369 on People’s Congresses and People’s Committees, and its executive regulation;
- Law No. (17) of 1369 FDP on organising the Legal Register;
- General Secretariat of the Basic People’s Congresses Decree No. (2) of 1370 FDP on organising the Code of Procedure;
- The minutes of the Secretariat of the General People’s Congress Session No. (14) of 1370 FDP;
In addition to the resolutions stipulated in Paragraphs (1) and (2) of General Secretariat of the aforementioned Basic People’s Congresses Decree No. (2) of 1370 FDP, the following resolutions and content shall be published in the Code of Procedure:
- Organisational decisions issued by bodies subordinate to the General People’s Congress or its Secretariat.
- Assets and liabilities of the Central Bank of Libya.
- Decisions of the Central Bank of Libya to void any class of paper currency or coins.
- Decisions of the Central Bank of Libya to grant permission to any commercial bank to merge with another bank, or to revoke such permission.
- Decisions to announce the by-laws of organisations, associations, private committees, and the like.
- Decisions to register public notaries or cancel the same, or to record their cessation from work.
- Decisions to expropriate property for the public good, regardless of the body that issues such decision.
An annex to the Code of Procedure shall be issued, in which the following content is published:
- Announcement of sale at public auction in execution of court rulings.
- Announcement of destruction or loss of bills of exchange or certified cheques.
- Declaration of registration of patents, designs, and industrial models.
- Announcement of loss or theft of public notary seals.
- Announcement of invitation to the general assemblies of limited liability companies for extraordinary meetings.
This decree shall enter into effect from its date of issuance, and it shall be published in the Code of Procedure.
Secretariat of the General People’s Congress – Libya
Issued in Sirte
On 26 Jumada al-Oula
Corresponding to 5 August 1370 FDP