Decree No. (9) of 2012 AD
dissolving the General Authority for Tourism and Antiquities
Upon review of:
- The Constitutional Declaration and amendments thereto;
- The Law of the Financial System of the State, and the budget, accounts, and stores regulations and amendments thereto;
- Law No. (3) of 1994 AD on protecting antiquities, museums, ancient cities, and historical buildings and the implementing regulations thereof;
- Law No. (7) of 2004 AD on tourism and the implementing regulations thereof;
- General National Congress Decree No. (09) of 2012 AD on appointing the prime minister and assigning him to form the interim government;
- General National Congress Decree No. (10) of 2012 AD on granting confidence to the interim government;
- Cabinet Decree No. (130) of 2012 AD on organising the General Authority for Tourism and Antiquities;
- Cabinet Secretary Letter No. (664) dated 11/12/2012 AD;
- The minutes of the second ordinary meeting of the Cabinet of the interim government of 2012 AD;
The General Authority for Tourism and Antiquities organised under the aforementioned Cabinet Decree No. (130) of 2012 AD shall be dissolved and its current assets, property, and obligations shall all be transferred to the Ministry of Tourism.
Authority employees shall be transferred to the Ministry of Tourism, and all bodies that were affiliated to the Authority shall be affiliated to the Ministry, with the exception of the Antiquities Authority.
This Decree shall enter into force on the date of its issue and shall be published in the Official Gazette. Any provision that conflicts with this Decree shall be repealed.
The Cabinet – Libya
Issued on: 28 Muharram 1434 AH
Corresponding to: 12/12/2012 AD